Dear Retreatants. Please refer to this page often for updated information on the retreat.
We will leave at 6am sharp on Saturday morning, September 30th. Please be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early to board the bus so our drivers can begin moving at 6am. We cannot wait for stragglers, so please be on at Macy’s by 5.45 am!!
Our bus will pick us up on 34th street, between 6th and 7th Avenues.
Our starting location is convenient to the following train lines: 1, 2, 3, 7, A, B, C, D, E, F, M, N, Q, R, S and W
It is important that you pack a bag with enough food to get you through the day. Remember, we leave at 6a and won’t return until around 8:30-9:30 pm. There will be little to no option to purchase food at the march. We will try to provide light snacks, but please consider your nutrition needs. The M4RJ will have watering stations along the march route, so be sure to bring a refillable water. And did we mention–bring a water bottle! Commodified water is an environmental disaster. Just say no!
We will take the DC Metro from RFK Stadium (Stadium-Armory stop) to the march line up at Lincoln Park on Capitol Hill. Thanks to the generosity of previous participants on the Triple Gem Rolling Retreat, we will have MetroCards for you to use to get to and from the march site. Please make sure to hold onto your cards! We will hold onto them in case we need to return to DC to march for justice.
- 6:00am Leave NYC–We will depart NYC at 6am sharp. Please arrive by 5:45am to find and board the retreat bus
- 11:00 Arrive at RFK Stadium–from here we will take the Metro to the line-up at Lincoln Park
- 12:30 March Kick-off–We’ll march to the Capitol and past the Department of Justice before culminating at the National Mall
- 4:00 Retreat buses leave RFK parking at 4pm sharp! Our driver’s have a strict union rules–let’s support worker rights!
The March for Racial Justice Organizing Committee is working hard to make sure that this march is inclusive of people with disabilities. Some of what we are ensuring will be at the March includes:
- Water Stations and Accessible Restrooms will be located at all major stopping points
- Accessible shuttles will follow the rear of the March procession, space is first come-first serve. Information on boarding points will be coming soon.
- March Marshalls will be trained in accessibility and will be available throughout the march to help the needs of participants with disabilities and give directional information.
- ADA tents at the rally site will provide shaded resting with chairs, extra water, juice and snacks for people who experience low blood sugar and masks for chemical sensitivity disability.
- ADA seating will be available in front of the Rally stage
- American Sign Language interpretation will be provided on the Rally stage and in the ADA seating section near the front.
On the Ground
Please see the map below for directions to and from our parking lot in RFK Stadium. All buses will be in lot 7. We will walk from our bus to the meeting point at Lincoln Park.